PHASE 2 - DAY 34

On 30-07-2024, Tuesday, 2nd hour I engaged 9 C students. I decided to conduct a remedial lesson for them. After the analysis of the diagnostic chart, I was able to underst and that though the leainers had an idea of continuous tense, they lack the idea of past continuous tense. Many students often confuse it with present continuous tense So I decided to use a game and an activity to re-teach the concept. I was Little nervous as the game requires one group to be sent outside

I found the class very interesting, as the learners showed great enthusiasm. the group activity of making one group act and othe group guess the action and construct sentenus were really helpful as I found that the learners were able to relate to the tense more easily I realised that though the leainers showed a great interest in the activity it was not be cause they love to learn but only it being a game. I understood the importance of teaching children through games

The second activity of discussing with the partner what they were doing the previous day at a particular time was also interesting for the learners but not as much as the first one. In both the game and the activity the teacher. helped them correct their small mistakes and emphasised the key points again. The comment of Nakshatra that the teacher would have taught the tenses using this method earlier made me re think the need for incorporading such kind of physical games for teaching tenses, or rather for converting any difficult task into a simple one.

Popular posts from this blog

OATH TAKING CEREMONY OF COLLEGE UNION 2022-23

PHASE 2 - DAY 4

CHIRANTHANA- DAY 1